The Holocaust: A Teaching Guide for Catholic Schools
The Holocaust: A Teaching Guide for Catholic Schools (PDF) by Daniel C. Napolitano is a booklet used by thousands of teachers to teach the history of the Holocaust to Catholic School students and adults around the world. The booklet is also available in Spanish (PDF).
Thoughts on the Welcome Address of Father Isaac Jacob, O.S.B.
Click here to read a paper written by Sister Gemma Del Duca, S.C. and Carl A. Tori, Ph.D., titled, "Some Thoughts on the Welcome Address of Father Isaac Jacob, O.S.B. to Participants of the First Catholic Institute for Holocaust Studies at the Benedictine Center of Tel Gamaliel, June 13, 1989." (PDF)
The Center publishes conference proceedings following each of its conferences. In 2008, Mrs. Ethel LeFrak, a noted New York philanthropist, created The Ethel LeFrak Holocaust Education Conference Endowment Fund, which underwrites publication of The Ethel LeFrak Holocaust Education Conference Proceedings. Copies of the proceedings are available for purchase by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To date, the Center has published these proceedings:
- Women, the Holocaust, and Genocide edited by Carol Rittner, R.S.M. (2018 Conference)
- The Holocaust and Nostra Aetate: Toward Greater Understanding edited by Carol Rittner, R.S.M. (2015 Conference)
- Holocaust Education: Challenges for the Future edited by Carol Rittner, R.S.M. (2012 Conference)
- Learn. Teach. Prevent: Holocaust Education in the 21st Century edited by Carol Rittner, R.S.M. (2009 Conference)
- Emerging Issues in Holocaust Education edited by Kathleen McSharry (2006 Conference)
- Teaching the Holocaust in Catholic Schools edited by Kathleen McSharry (2003 Conference)
- Children and the Holocaust edited by Mary Noël Kernan, S.C. (2000 Conference)
- Holocaust Education: Approaches That Work edited by Mary Noel Kernan, S.C. (1997 Conference)
- A Scholars’ Retreat on Claude Lanzmann’s Film, ‘Shoah’ edited by David A. Lynes (1995 Conference)
- At the Edge of the 21st Century edited by Patricia A. Farrant (1991 Conference)
- Peace/Shalom After Atrocity edited by Harry James Carges (1989 Conference) *OUT OF PRINT*
Nostra Aetate Award Publications
The first four and the seventh Nostra Aetate Award presentations were presented during Holocaust Education Conferences. Thus, the awardees’ lectures were published as part of the proceedings. In 2005 and 2008, the award presentations were stand-alone events. Consequently, the Center published honorees’ remarks individually. Copies of these two booklets are available at no cost by contacting email@example.com:
- Fifth Nostra Aetate Award Honoring Rev. John T. Pawlikowski, O.S.M., Ph.D. (April 7, 2005)
- Sixth Nostra Aetate Award Honoring Dr. Eugene J. Fisher (October 23, 2008)