COVID-19 Safety for Campus Visits
To protect the health and safety of each other and our campus community, all Seton Hill University campus guests are required to complete the COVID-19 screening protocol.
Campus Visit screenings will be conducted before the guests enter the Welcome Center, located on the first floor of the Administration Building. Please remain in your car until a member of the Seton Hill staff greets you. Each student may bring a maximum of two guests per visit (three total).
Campus guests will be provided a disposable face mask before continuing with the screening process, if needed. Please wear your mask for the duration of the visit. We ask that if you or anyone in your party has experienced any of the symptoms listed below that you reschedule your visit.
To minimize the potential spread of germs, the screener will ask each guest the following questions and record their responses on the Guest COVID-19 Screening Instrument.
- Do you have a Fever (temperature over 100.4F) without having taken any fever-reducing medications?
- Do you have a Cough?
- Do you have Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing?
- Do you have Chills?
- Do you have Muscle Aches and/or Muscle Pain?
- Do you have a Sore Throat?
- Do you have a New Loss of Taste or Smell?
- Do you have Nausea, Vomiting, and/or Diarrhea?
- Have you, or anyone you have been in close contact with, been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have you been placed on quarantine for possible contact with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Each guest’s information (name, address, and phone number) will be recorded and kept in a secure location. This information is needed in the event contact tracing needs to be done.
- Each guest’s temperature will be taken using a non-contact infrared thermometer by a SHU employee in the Griffin Welcome Center who has been trained on proper technique.
- If a guest's temperature is less than 100.4 they will be permitted on campus and must wear the provided single-use disposable facemask during the duration of their campus visit.
- If a guest's temperature is greater than or equal to 100.4, the screener will wait 5 minutes and retest their temperature. If the second temperature reading is greater than or equal to 100.4, the guest may not continue with the campus visit.
During the Visit
All Seton Hill staff and employees will maintain social distancing guidelines during the campus visit. Some campus facilities (including residence halls) may not be available for touring at this time.
After a guest leaves university premises, they may remove the disposable facemask.
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact the Griffin Welcome Center at 724-838-4255.