Seton Hill University offers a special welcome to homeschoolers. The University has found that students with a home-schooling background are often high achievers, and our focus on personalized instruction makes our university ideal for you.
Home-schooled students should apply for admission by providing:
- A completed application (apply online now for free!)
- An official high school transcript issued by the school district or agency approving the curriculum, including an official date of graduation, or a GED.
- Official score reports from either the SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) or the ACT test (American College Testing Program). The subscore of the writing portion of the SAT must also be submitted. If you are submitting results from the ACT, it is recommended that you take the optional writing portion of the exam and submit that score as well. (Information about Test Optional alternative)
- An essay of 200 words or more on why you would like to earn a degree at Seton Hill. (Optional)
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor or an academic professional.
- one recommendation form. Additional recommendations are welcome and may represent other sources. (Optional)
Home-school organizations recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to give diplomas to graduates of PA Home Education Programs: