The financial aid staff at Seton Hill is well prepared to guide you through the financial aid application process. Every student is encouraged to apply for financial aid consideration, regardless of family income. Many factors determine a student's eligibility for financial aid and each student is individually evaluated at Seton Hill.
Procedure For Applying For Financial Aid: FAFSA
- New students must complete and submit the Seton Hill University application for admission and be accepted to the University before any financial aid is offered.
- Returning students must be registered for classes before aid eligibility can be determined.
- Returning students must also complete a Seton Hill University Financial Aid application prior to April 15th. This application can be found on the "forms" section of Griffin's Lair.
- New and returning students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year for initial and renewal financial aid consideration. The FAFSA application determines all eligibility for federal, state and Seton Hill grants as well as Federal Direct Stafford Loans and work study. The FAFSA should be submitted no later than April 15th each year. Be sure to release your FAFSA results to Seton Hill by including our Title IV school code: 003362 on the FAFSA. The FAFSA can be completed online (2 - 4 days average processing time).
Types Of Aid Available
Seton Hill University will receive your FAFSA results electronically. Upon receipt, financial aid staff will verify your enrollment and begin to calculate your eligibility for the following types of financial aid:
- Grants & Scholarships
- Federal Grants
- State Grants
- Seton Hill University Grants & Scholarships
- Private Grants
- Student Loans
- Federal Direct Stafford Loans
- Perkins Loans
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans
- Alternative Loans
- Federal Work-study
- Seton Hill University Work-study
- State Work-study
A College Education is a Great Investment!
National statistics set the value of a college education at $750,000 — the increase to lifetime earning potential which an individual gains by obtaining a four year college degree.
The return on investment is impressive, but there are other benefits of a college education: personal growth, development of values, and increased communication skills. Such gains are priceless and last for a lifetime. A Seton Hill University education is a good investment in yourself and in your future!