Skip to Main Content
dropdownCombined ShapedropdowndropdownnextGroup 3circle_arrow_left_redGroup 2Group 8Group 35homelocationSeton Hill Universityphonemagnifying-glass

Applying to Seton Hill as a Transfer Student

An undergraduate transfer student is anyone applying to Seton Hill University who has earned college credits at a post-secondary institution after graduating from high school or earning a GED. Students transferring into Seton Hill's traditional undergraduate program from another college or university must provide:

  • A completed application (apply online now for free!)
  • Official college transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
  • Proof of high school graduation.
  • High school transcript. 
  • SAT/ACT scores (required if transferring in less than 25 credits).


Official transcripts are those sent directly from an educational institution to the university in a sealed envelope or through a secure online service. (Other types of transcripts, such as those issued directly to a student, are not considered "official" for enrollment purposes.) Seton Hill requires official transcripts to be sent for enrollment purposes. Please send to: 

Seton Hill University

Office of Admissions

1 Seton Hill Drive

Greensburg, PA 15601 

Typically colleges and high schools require your request for transcripts be in writing. Please feel free to use this Transcript Request Form if needed. 

Applying for Readmission to Seton Hill 

A student who has withdrawn from Seton Hill for one or more semesters must reapply through the Admissions Office by supplying:

  • A completed application (apply online now for free!)
  • Official college transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
  • Proof of high school graduation.

Deadline to Apply

Seton Hill University has rolling admissions, so there is no deadline. 

Transfer Credits

Once admitted into Seton Hill University, all official college transcripts will be reviewed for transfer credit. Students will receive an official credit evaluation indicating which credits will transfer into Seton Hill. Credit will only be given for courses in which the student earned a C- or better. 

There is not a limit on how many transfer credits can be accepted. However, students must complete a minimum of 48 Seton Hill credits to be considered for a baccalaureate degree from the University. Also, at least half of the student's major courses and the last 30 credits must be taken at Seton Hill. If the student selects a minor, at least one half of the required credits for the minor must be taken at Seton Hill. 

Prospective art and art therapy majors must present a portfolio. Music, theatre and dance majors must audition in order to be accepted into these programs. 

Articulation Agreements & Cooperative Programs

Seton Hill has articulation agreements (an agreement between institutions that coursework taken at one institution will transfer into the program of the other) and cooperative programs with Westmoreland County Community College and Community College of Allegheny County. We also have agreements with a variety of schools locally, nationally and abroad.  It is not a requirement that your previous institution have an agreement with Seton Hill for your credits to transfer. 

GPA Requirement 

There is no minimum grade point average (GPA) for admission. However, the decision is based on the number of college level credits taken, grades earned, cumulative GPA earned, and, if needed, we will refer back to high school grades and SAT/ACT scores. 

Financial Aid 

Financial aid packages can be completed only if a student has been accepted to the university. Transfer students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) listing Seton Hill University (school code 003362) to be eligible for financial aid. To receive the maximum amount of financial aid a student should complete their FAFSA by May 1st. Visit the FAFSA website.

Transfer Scholarships 

Seton Hill offers scholarships for transfer students. To find out more, visit the undergraduate scholarships section of our site.

WCCC Scholarship/Grant

Students who have been accepted to Seton Hill University, enroll full-time, and have attended Westmoreland County Community College and completed 15 or more credits will be awarded $1,500.

Need more information? Contact Transfer Counselor Amanda Godula at (724) 552-1369 or Or, contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at, (724) 838-4281 or (800) 826-6234.