Skip to Main Content
dropdownCombined ShapedropdowndropdownnextGroup 3circle_arrow_left_redGroup 2Group 8Group 35homelocationSeton Hill Universityphonemagnifying-glass

 Applying to Seton Hill as an Adult Degree Program Transfer Student

Adult Degree Program Online Graphic Seton Hill's Adult Degree Program is designed for adults who wish to earn an undergraduate degree while working or managing other full-time personal and professional responsibilities. As an Adult Degree Program student you have the option to take classes on evenings or online during short eight-week-long sessions. Financial aid, employer reimbursement, preferred employer discounts and credits for prior learning are available.

If you are interested in enrolling Seton Hill's Adult Degree Program and have already earned college credits at a post-secondary institution after graduating from high school or earning a GED, then you are considered a transfer student. To apply you must provide:  

  • A completed application (apply online now for free!).
  • Official post-secondary transcripts from all education institutions attended.
  • Official high school transcript or GED.


Official transcripts are those sent directly from an educational institution to the university in a sealed envelope or through a secure online service. (Other types of transcripts, such as those issued directly to a student, are not considered "official" for enrollment purposes.)

Seton Hill requires official transcripts to be sent for enrollment purposes. Please send to: 

Seton Hill University

Office of Graduate & Adult Studies
1 Seton Hill Drive

Greensburg, PA 15601 

Typically colleges and high schools require your request for transcripts be in writing. Please feel free to use this Transcript Request Form (PDF) if needed. 

Deadline to Apply

Seton Hill University has rolling admissions, so there is no deadline.

Transfer Credits

Free Credit Evaluations & Transfer Counseling Before You Apply

We will be happy to take a look at the academic credits you've already earned and give you an unofficial estimate of what will transfer. If you're currently enrolled but plan to transfer in the future, we can also provide free credit counseling services. Credit counseling can help you choose the courses at your current school that will have the best chance of being accepted at Seton Hill.

Official Credit Evaluation

Once admitted into Seton Hill University you will receive an official credit evaluation indicating which credits will transfer into Seton Hill. There is not a limit to how many credits can transfer, however, students must complete a minimum of 48 Seton Hill credits to be considered for a baccalaureate degree. At least half of the student’s major courses and the last 30 credits must be taken at Seton Hill.

Articulation Agreements & Cooperative Programs

Seton Hill has articulation agreements (an agreement between institutions that coursework taken at one institution will transfer into the program of the other) and cooperative programs with Westmoreland County Community College and Community College of Allegheny County. We also have agreements with a variety of schools locally, nationally and abroad.  It is not a requirement that your previous institution have an agreement with Seton Hill for your credits to transfer.

GPA Requirement 

There is no minimum grade point average (GPA) for admission. Admission decisions are based on the number of college level credits taken, grades earned, cumulative GPA earned, and, if needed, we will refer back to high school grades and SAT/ACT scores. 

Financial Aid & Support 

At Seton Hill, we keep our costs low, and we'll work with you to create an aid package to help with any outstanding need.

Credit for Life ExperienceSeton Hill University is a Military Friendly School

You can earn up to 30 Seton Hill credits for knowledge gained through life experiences, including military service

Enrolling in Classes

You can enroll in classes as soon as you are accepted. Seton Hill's Office of Adult Studies will stay in touch and assist you with anything you need throughout your time at Seton Hill.

To contact the Office of Adult Studies, fill out our Adult Learning Program Admissions Inquiry Form. You may also call us at (724) 838-4208 or email us at