To Be Eligible for Phase I of the Optometry Program:
You must be accepted at Seton Hill as a full-time student. (View admission requirements here.)
To Be Eligible for Phase II (Study at Salus University) of the Optometry Program, Seton Hill students must:
- Complete the Optometry - Biology 3 + 4 Program curriculum (at least 90 credits including the requirements for the major).
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale on the Seton Hill transcript.
- Adhere to Seton Hill University’s Student Code of Conduct and Academic Integrity standards.
- Complete all prerequisite coursework as published by Salus University Pennsylvania College of Optometry.
- Complete the Optometry Centralized Application Service (OptomCAS) process which includes letters of recommendation and the Optometry Admissions Test (OAT).
- Participate in an on-campus interview.
- Complete all degree requirements for the Seton Hill degree except for the year 1 courses in Phase II.
Admission to Salus University
Seton Hill Optometry - Biology 3 + 4 Program students who successfully meet all criteria for admission to Phase II of the Optometry Program at Salus University will be considered for the Salus University Doctor of Optometry program and will be invited for an interview. All Seton Hill students who enter the Salus University/Pennsylvania College of Optometry Admission Selection Process and complete all steps will be notified of provisional acceptance or rejection to Phase II of the program, as determined by the Salus University/Pennsylvania College of Optometry Admissions Committee, as early as the October prior to the year of desired enrollment in Phase II of the program.
Receiving Your Degrees
After you complete your first year at Salus University, you will provide a transcript from Salus University to Seton Hill showing successful completion of all first-year courses of Phase II. These credits will satisfy all coursework for the biology major not taken at Seton Hill, including elective credits to reach a minimum of 120 credits. You will then have 30 credits transferred to your Seton Hill transcript and will be awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in biology.
You will receive your Doctor of Optometry degree from Salus University once you successfully complete the remainder of your studies at the Salus University Pennsylvania College of Optometry.