The Mission of Seton Hill's Honors Program: Curiosity, Innovation & Conscious Global Citizenship
The Seton Hill University Honors Program engages a diverse community of students through an interdisciplinary liberal arts curriculum that invites intellectual curiosity, innovative problem solving and conscious global citizenship. Through the Honors curriculum, independent research in their disciplines, and community engagement, we expect honors students to take intellectual risks, to engage in a rigorous exploration of the liberal arts, and to demonstrate authentic social engagement. We seek to form a community of lifelong learners who use critical and creative thinking to fulfill our Setonian Mission of transforming the world.
Honors Program Benefits & Distinctions
- Smaller, seminar-style classes.
- Honors Program advisor.
- Opportunity for independent research in a chosen field, in the form of the Honors Capstone Project & Symposium.
- Honors distinction at graduation.
- Opportunity for letter of recommendation from the Honors Program director.
- Honors Scholarship.
- Honors Housing.
Honors students take honors sections of four required liberal arts courses, in addition to the Introductory Honors Seminar and the Honors Capstone Experience.
This option is offered to first-year students who plan to live on campus and have been accepted into the Honors Program. First-year Honors Program students can elect to reside in DeChantal Hall (traditionally reserved for juniors and seniors) on a first-come, first-served basis.
Students are expected to demonstrate sincere engagement with the Honors Program community through active leadership, attendance at social events and academic programming, and involvement in the Honors Council.
Honors Program Photo Gallery
Applying to Seton Hill's Honors Program
Criteria for Acceptance to the Seton Hill Honors Program
Students considered for the Honors Program must:
- Be accepted to the University.
- Demonstrate academic achievement through GPA, curriculum & test scores (if you have been unable to take your ACT or SAT due to the pandemic, the Honors Program has a Test-Optional policy).
- Show a commitment to service.
- Display leadership and community engagement.
- Express investment in the program through completion of a required essay.
Apply Upon Acceptance to Seton Hill
Students interested in the program are encouraged to apply immediately upon their acceptance to the university.
Honors Program Application Deadlines
November 1: Priority Decision Deadline
Rolling Admission until March 1.
Program spaces are limited.
Formal Acceptance to the Honors Program
Accepted students will receive an invitation into the program and will be asked to complete an honors contract to confirm their acceptance of this invitation.