Skip to Main Content
dropdownCombined ShapedropdowndropdownnextGroup 3circle_arrow_left_redGroup 2Group 8Group 35homelocationSeton Hill Universityphonemagnifying-glass

Making A Major Decision? We Can Help.

Not sure where you’re headed? Or know where you want to go, but not sure how to get there? Relax. Many students start college before making a decision on a major field of study. Seton Hill has resources in place that will get you moving in the right direction. 

Career & Professional Development Center 

Through Seton Hill’s Career and Professional Development Center, you will have the opportunity to work with a career advisor who will be available to you from your first day as a Seton Hill student until you begin working in your chosen field. Your advisor can help you identify the careers that interest you, and the academic course of study that supports each.

Faculty Advisors

Throughout your Seton Hill education you will have a faculty advisor who will assist you in getting the most out of your academic experience - from selecting the courses you need and finding an internship to making a decision about a career or graduate school.


As a first-year student at Seton Hill, you will take a course called Connections. Connections will provide you with an introduction to university life, and will also help you with major and career exploration.

Self-Designed Major

At Seton Hill, you also have the option to you design your own course of study. Students who choose to design their own major work with faculty members to create a proposal that is taken to the Provost for approval. You can make the proposal no earlier than the second semester of your freshman year, and no later than the first semester of your junior year.