Study Abroad in Short Trips or For a Semester
At Seton Hill, you are eligible to study abroad starting in your first year. Or you can wait until later in your academic journey. Either way, we’ll help you create the study abroad experience that works best for you.
Intensive 1 – 3 Week Classes Abroad
Enjoy an intensive 1 – 3 weeklong course with other Seton Hill students, taught in another country by a Seton Hill professor or in a foreign school affiliated with Seton Hill. These courses ore offered during our shortened semesters in January (J-Term) or May (M-Term). Some of our most popular courses take place in:
During this study abroad experience, students live at Beijing Union University, where they study Mandarin. In the afternoons and on weekends they travel with their Seton Hill professors to places like the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, Shanghai and Suzhou.
On students study Spanish for three weeks while living with families in Córdoba, a beautiful medieval city and the hometown of one of our Seton Hill faculty members. In the afternoons andn the weekends the students travel to nearby cities like Sevilla or Granada, take part in cultural activities like flamenco or equestrian shows, and visit regional historical sites.
Florence & Rome, Italy
While traveling in Italy, students take courses like Art History and the Food & Culture of Italy.
Other recent study abroad courses have taken place in:
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Dublin, Ireland
- London, England
- Paris, France
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
A Semester (Or Longer) Abroad
Seton Hill’s Study Abroad Office will help you find and plan the semester abroad experience of your dreams, or help you arrange international internships or teaching assistantships.
Why Study Abroad?
- You can travel the world and earn college credits.
- Lean a new language faster! Immersing yourself in another culture is one of the quickest ways of becoming proficient in a new language.
- Traveling with expert faculty and other students is a fun, low-stress way to experience other countries and cultures.
- Special trips and pricing for university students.
- Seton Hill maintains special relationships with institutions in many other countries, including Japan, Korea, China, Israel, Italy, Spain, Scotland, Puerto Rico.
- and the Dominican Republic.
- Financial aid is usually available for study abroad.
- Study abroad looks awesome on a resume.
Passport to the World
Seton Hill may be able to help you procure (and pay) for your passport through our Passport to the World Program .