Tracy Bowman EdD, RDN, LDN
- Joined Seton Hill
- Johnstown, PA
- Contact Info
Tracy Bowman specializes in adult weight management, sports nutrition and health promotion. Tracy holds a B.S. in Dietetics and an M.S. in Food and Nutrition from Indiana University of Pennsylvania. She recently graduated with her doctorate in Education with a concentration in Health and Physical Activity from the University of Pittsburgh. She is a Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She is also a Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) and Certified Adult Weight Management Specialists from the Academy. She is also a Personal Trainer and Health Coach with the American College on Exercise. In addition to working full time as an Instructor at Seton Hill she teaches online nutrition courses at a community college. In her free time she runs marathons and loves to bike, swim, snowboard, ice skate and spend time with her family.
- Ed.D University of Pittsburgh, ARCO - Health and Physical Activity, May 2020
- Master of Science in Food and Nutrition, Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), 2006
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition & Dietetics, Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), 2004
- Bowman, T., Bompiani, L., Fait, B., (2019). Uncovering the myth of the Freshmen fifteen. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Pennsylvania Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Philadelphia, PA.
- Sandrick J, Tracy D, Eliasson A, Roth A, Bartel J, Simko M, Bowman T, Harouse-Bell K, Kashani M, Vernalis M. Effect of a counseling session bolstered by text messaging on self-selected health behaviors in college students: A preliminary randomized controlled trial. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth 2017;5(5):e67
- Tracy D. L., Eliasson, A., Sandrick, J., Roth, A., Bowman, T., Harouse-Bell, K., Vernalis, M. (2015). Dietary sodium or fat intake? Effects on blood pressure in young adults. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 115 (9), A88-A88.
- Sandrick J., Eliasson A., Tracy, D., Roth A., Bowman, T., Harouse-Bell, K., Vernalis M. (2015) Importance of healthy diet in young adults for prevention of cardiovascular disease. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 115 (9), A91- A91.
- 2020 Outstanding Dietetics Educator in a Coordinated Program Award from the Pennsylvania Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Outstanding Dietetic Educator from the Pennsylvania Academy of Nutrition and The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The Outstanding Dietetic Educator Award recognizes the excellence of educators in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredited and approved dietetic education programs
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Member of the American Council on Exercise Member of Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition
- CPR, AED, First Aid Certified Instructor by the American Red Cross, 2013
- Licensed Dietitian-Nutritionist by the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2011
- Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, 2006
- Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified First AID/ CPR/ AED instructor
- Certified Health Coach