- Joined Seton Hill
- Columbus, Ohio
- Contact Info
Dr. Lee Tobin McClain read Gone With The Wind in the third grade and has been an incurable romantic ever since. She wrote her doctoral dissertation on Arthurian romance in medieval, Victorian, and contemporary times, teaches courses with such titles as "Romance: Then and Now" and "Romance Classics," and mentors aspiring writers in Seton Hill's MFA program. Other teaching and writing interests include Christian fiction, composition, YA literature, and all types of fiction writing.
- M.A., Ohio State University, 1984
- Ph.D., University of Colorado (Boulder, CO), 1991
- McClain, Lee Tobin. Secrets of the Heart. Independently published novel, 2017.
- McClain, Lee Tobin. “Sheltered Hearts.” Romance Grows in Arcadia Valley. Independently published novella, 2017.
- McClain, Lee Tobin. The Soldier and the Single Mom. New York: Harlequin, 2017.
- McClain, Lee Tobin. The Nanny’s Texas Christmas. New York: Harlequin, 2016.
- McClain, Lee Tobin. Small-Town Nanny. New York: Harlequin, 2016.
- A Christmas Bond, Novella, Sacred Bond Series Prequel (November 2015) [More Information]
- Her Reunion Bond, Novel, Sacred Bond Series #3 (December 2014) [More Information]
- The Bride's Broken Bond, Novel, Sacred Bond Series #2 (November 2014) [More Information]
- His Baby Bond, Novel, Sacred Bond Series #1 (November 2014) [More Information]
- Sizzle, Young Adult Novel, Marshall Cavendish, 2011 [More Information]
- Engaged to the Single Mom, Harlequin Love Inspired, March, 2015 [More Information]
- "Motivating Reluctant Readers," Fostering Families Today (2009)
- "Surviving Faculty Meetings," Chronicle of Higher Education, Fall 07
- "Mom's Hands," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, May 2007
- "The Reluctant Evangelical," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, November 2007.
- My Loco Life (novel). New York: Dorchester, 2006
- My Abnormal Life (novel). New York: Dorchester Press, 2005
- My Alternate Life (novel). New York: Dorchester Press, 2004
- "Books as Bridges," Fostering Families Today, Fall 2008
- "Community" Award, Seton Hill University Staff Recognition Program, 2007
- Seton Hill Universtiy Professor of the Year, 2000
- American Christian Fiction Writers
- Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
- Romance Writers of America
- "Writing Mysteries for Children and Teens," Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (Pittsburgh, PA), November 2008
- "Writing Effective Descriptions," Sleuthfest Annual Conference (Deerfield Beach, FL), March 2007
- "Graduate Study in Creative Writing: Is It For You?" RT Booklovers Convention (Pittsburgh, PA), March 2007
- “How Romance Grows.” Featured Guest Author, Uniontown Public Library Author Series, February 11, 2107.
- Featured Guest, Literary Festival, Alvernia College, Fall 07
- Leader, Basic Writing Special Interest Group, College Reading and Learning Association, 2008-present
- Reading Columnist, Fostering Families Today Magazine, 2006-present