Jennifer Rozell-Whitaker LPC, ATR-BC is an Adjunct Professor at Seton Hill and Private Practice Art Therapist at the Center for the Counseling Arts. Jennifer has experience working with youth and families in crisis, LGBTQIA youth who are housing unstable and individuals who identify as neurodiverse. Jennifer has a special interest in working with individuals who identify as both transgender and autistic. In the past, Jennifer was in the Peace Corps in West Africa teaching art. Jennifer has always been interested in using art for social justice, believing that art has the power to transform individuals as well as communities.
- BFA, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL), 2007 MA, Seton Hill University (Greensburg, PA), 2013
- Art Therapy in a Women’s Hospital: Avala’s Experience with a High-Risk Pregnancy (2013) Reeves Memorial Library, Graduate Thesis Collection, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
- Jake & Memory Distortion (2008) Collage IIV, Volume 2 Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Take a Closer Look (2008) Nashville Feminist Zine, 3rd Volume, Nashville, Tennessee
- American Art Therapy Association Anniversary Scholarship, 2010.
- Saundra Rosenburg Award, 2007.
- Art Therapy Panel Student Art Therapy Association Seton Hill University Greensburg, Pennsylvania 2017
- Utilizing Expressive Therapies in Family Therapy Wesley Spectrum Family Based Mental Health Training Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 2016
- Using Art for Empowerment- Workshop HCEF Annual Summit Homeless Children’s Education Fund Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 2015
- Art Therapy in a Women’s Hospital: High-Risk Pregnancy Case Study Oral Culminating Project Presentation Seton Hill University Greensburg, Pennsylvania 2013
- Art Therapy with High-Risk Obstetrics Patients Undergraduate Psychology Program Waynesburg University Waynesburg, Pennsylvania 2013
- Art Therapy with Patients in the Inpatient Setting 11th Annual Women and Infants Healthcare Conference Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 2013
- Art Therapy at Magee- PFCC Project Sharing PFCC Summit III: Set the Course for Delivering Value in Health Care The PFCC Innovation Center of UPMC Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 2013
- Art Therapy- Workshop University of Pittsburgh Greensburg Campus Greensburg, Pennsylvania 2013
- Peace Corps Art Experience- Seminar Undergraduate Art Therapy Program Seton Hill University Greensburg, Pennsylvania 2012
- Jake, Group Exhibition (2016) Mindful Exhibition Greensburg, Pennsylvania
- We Live Here, Curated Group Art Show (2015) Homeless Children's Education Fund Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Cape Coast Art Show, Curated Group Art Show (2009) Cape Coast School for the Deaf Art Gallery Cape Coast, Ghana, West Africa
- Active Ingredient, Group Exhibition (2008) Limelight Nashville, Tennessee
- Traces of the Personal Unconscious, Group Exhibition, 2007 G2 Gallery Chicago, Illinois
- Collateral, Group Exhibition (2006) Academy of the Fine Arts Praha Prague, Czech Republic, Eastern Europe
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Art Therapist Registered- Board Certified (ATR-BC)