- Joined Seton Hill
- St. Paul, MN
- Contact Info
Dr. Cook came to Seton Hill University to supervise assessment programs and to support efforts to use data for institutional decision-making. She started out as a mental health counselor before entering the world of evaluation systems research and outcomes measurement and has worked as a consultant for numerous government research and training contracts. She enjoys facilitating research collaborations between faculty, students, and the community. Courses taught at Seton Hill include Social Welfare, Statistics, Counseling, and Social Psychology.
- Ph.D. (2005) Evaluation Research and Planning, Cornell University, Ithaca NY, 2005
- M.S. (1993) Program Evaluation and Planning, Cornell University, Ithaca NY
- B.A. (1987) Psychology, East Asian Studies, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis MN
- Cook, E.L. (2009) What is ‘self-determination’ all about? and What did we do wrong? in Yuen, F.K., Terao, K.L. and Schmidt, A.M (Eds) Effective Grant Writing and Program Evaluation for Human Service Professionals, Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Publishers.
- Johnson, S., Brady-Schluttner, K., Ellenbecker, S., Johnson, M., Lassegard, E., Moss, M., Stone, J., & Westra, B. (1996). Evaluating physical functional outcomes: One category of the Nursing Outcomes Classification System. MedSurg Nursing, 5(3), 157-162
- Lassegard, E. (1993). Child care programs in Japan. In Cochran, M. (Ed.), The International Handbook on Child Day Care Policies and Programs. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press.
- Cook, E.L. (2015). License to Drive: Data Driven Decision Making. Presented at the 2015 American Evaluation Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois.
- Cook, E.L. (2014). Creative Approaches for Promoting Data Use. Presented at the 25th Annual Workshop of the Southeast Evaluation Association (SEA) Tallahassee, Florida.
- Cook, E.L. (2013). Academic Program Review: Top Five Lessons Learned. Invited panelist, Academic Assessment Conference, St. Vincent College.
- Cook, E.L. (2012) Assessing the ‘Added Value’ of Student Digital Research Posters. Presented at the 2012 Southeastern Conference on the Teaching of Psychology, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Terao, K., Schmidt, A., Vicinanza, N., Cook, E.L., Hyatt, S. (2008). Federal policy and grass-roots practice: explaining and implementing federal performance measurement (evaluation) through self-help guides. Workshop presented for the 2008 Annual American Evaluation Association, Denver, CO.
- Cook, E.L. (2010). Operations Research (OR) Techniques for Program Evaluation. Full day professional workshop conducted at the 2010 American Evaluation Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX.
- Phelps, R., Baldwin, J., Cannon, S., Cannon, C., & Chaves-Gnecco, D, & Cook, E. (2006). NEW comprehensive toolkit including medical transition planning. Presentation given at the 2006 PA Community on Transition Conference, State College, PA.
- Cook, E.L. (2005). The use of provider and consumer concept maps for the classification and prioritization of mental health services. Presenter and session chair at the 2005 American Evaluation Association and Canadian Evaluation Society Joint Annual Meeting, Toronto, ON
- Potter, M.A., Cook, E., Eggleston, M.M., Barron, G.B., Bednarz, G.D., Ley, C.E., & Fertman, C.I. (2004). Evaluation of strategic workforce development at a local public health agency. Poster created and presented by E. Cook, 2004 HealthAcademy meeting, San Diego, CA
- Altschuld, J., Cook, E.L., Davis, M, Engle, M. (2006) Needs assessment in Centers for Public Health (CPHP) Preparedness: strategies and issues. Paper presented at the 2006 Annual American Evaluation Association Meeting, Portland, OR.
- Cook, E.L. (2005). Ethical issues to consider when involving special needs populations in evaluation research. Invited paper on Ethics Panel, 2005 American Evaluation Association and Canadian Evaluation Society Joint Annual Meeting, Toronto, ON
- Cook, E.L. (2005). Beyond the logic model: developing a useful evaluation plan. 2005 Pennsylvania Public Health Association Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA
- Lassegard, E. (2001). Telling your story: how to report your evaluation results. Paper presented at the Neighborhoods Conference, Pittsburgh PA.
- Lassegard, E. & Baker, A. (1998). Establishing community-based indicators and standards of success. 1998 National Association for Welfare Research & Statistics (NAWRS), Chicago, ll.
- O’Dea, C. & Lassegard, E. (1996). Strategies for the assessment of health care needs of newly-arrived immigrants. 1996 Annual American Evaluation Association Meeting, Atlanta, GA.