Denise Pullen MFA
Associate Professor of Theatre
- Contact Info
Denise Pullen has been on the Theatre Faculty since 2002, where she teaches performance and dramatic writing courses. She is an awarded playwright and screenwriter, and a professional commercial voice actor.
- MFA Dramatic Writing, Carnegie Mellon University 2000
- BFA Theatre (Directing,) Carnegie Mellon University 1997
- Theatre Topics, Book Review, Leroy Jone's PRACTICAL PLAYWRITING, Spring 2008
- 2000 Sloan Foundation Award, 2002 and 2006 Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Fellowships, John R. Pasquin Award 2001, Winning Play, Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival 1998
- Member of Actors Equity Association
- Member of American Federation of Radio, Film and Television Artists
- Member Dramatists Guild
- Member Toastmasters, CC/CL
- Clybourne Park Panel Discussion, 2019
- See resume for plays and musical directed, and plays produced and awarded.
- Member of Actors Equity Association, Member of American Federation of Radio and Television Artists, Member Dramatists Guild, Member Theatre Honorary Alpha Psi Omega
- Direct plays and musicals each year for Theatre Department. Share in administrative and recruiting efforts in addition to instruction and directing. Published in Theatre Journal - Book Review. Awarded playwright and screenwriter.