- Joined Seton Hill
- Contact Info
Dr. Moss is a registered and board-certified art therapist and licensed professional counselor in the state of Pennsylvania. She teachers and supervises interns in the graduate art therapy program. "I treasure that I was able to graduate from these very programs, move away and learn about art therapy practice and networking in the Southwest, and return to Seton Hill to disseminate what I have learned." Her clinical experience is rooted in systems theories, psychodynamic theories, and evidence-based cognitive behavioral therapy, and much of her work has been with children and families. Her clinical background is diverse, making her particularly attuned to the experiences of new art therapists learning to work with clients and navigating the professional field. This is also her research area of interest. Some of her workplace experiences include residential treatment facilities, one a wilderness therapeutic treatment model, in-home individual and family mental/behavioral health, community outpatient, private practice outpatient, art therapist-in-residence, contracts with community arts organizations and outreach programs. Dani has created art therapy programs in community health centers, senior care organizations, private practice, and contracting organizations. Her clinical application ranges from treating mental health diagnoses, social, systemic and relational issues, to community wellness. "As an educator I strive to share with and guide students with practical, real-world knowledge, as well as offer opportunities for personal growth and transformation along their academic journey to becoming art therapists." Dani completed her Doctorate in Art Therapy at Mount Mary University in Milwaukee, WI. Her research is related to art therapists' professional identity development. Using mixed methods phenomenological and arts-based research, she studied the lived experiences of art therapists' transitions from graduation to art therapy board-certification. "I am committed to working toward the American Art Therapy Association's strategic plan to obtain licensure state-by-state. I worked on these efforts when I served on the board of the Arizona Art Therapy Association when I was a resident of Arizona, and now in Pennsylvania."
- DAT, Mount Mary University (Milwaukee, WI), 2017
- Master of Art Therapy with Specialization in Counseling, Seton Hill University, 2009
- BA, Seton Hill University 2005
- Delaware Valley Art Therapy Association
- American Art Therapy Association
- Moss, D. (2018, April). “The Art Therapist’s Professional Developmental Crisis: The Journey From Graduation to Credentialing.” Presenter, Cultivating Community, Marylhurst University in Portland, OR.
- Moss, D. (2018, April). “The Art Therapist’s Journey From Graduation to Credentialing: Professional Developmental Crisis.” Presenter, Creative Leadership, Mount Mary University in Milwaukee, WI.