- Joined Seton Hill
- Greensburg, PA
- Contact Info
I am a proud alumni of Seton Hill's PA Program and now I feel privileged to be teaching here. I have 17 years of ongoing clinical experience as a Physician Assistant. I am currently active in clinical practice at a local addiction treatment program. In the past my experiences have been in Family Practice/Internal Medicine with a short exposure to the subspecialties of Gastroenterology and Occupational Medicine. I am currently teaching Primary Care Modules (including EKG, Professional issues), Pharmacology, and Laboratory Medicine. I also contribute to the skills assessment grading during both History and Physical exam and General Surgery courses. I provide scheduling and adjunct faculty supervision of the didactic year curriculum as Academic Coordinator. I am honored to have been chosen to be an ARC-PA accreditation site visitor to evaluate other PA programs across the nation. As a PA Student Advisor, I enjoy mentoring upcoming professionals into this rewarding career. I love being the club advisor for the Student Physician Assistant Society here on campus where I work along side students providing community service and raising awareness of the PA profession. Prior to deciding to become a Physician Assistant, I was part of the healthcare team as a Medical Assistant and Medical Secretary/Billing Staff for about 5 years. I have also instructed at a Medical Assistant program prior to joining the Seton Hill family.
- Master of Education, Instructional Design, Seton Hill University
- Bachelor of Science, Physician Assistant Seton Hill University
- 2017-18 Fundraiser of the Year Award- Soup Sale fundraiser achieved sending several special needs children to summer camp.
- 2017-18 Club Service of the Year Award for Seton Hill University- PA Student Society faculty advisor
- Physician Assistant Education Association [More Information]
- American Association of Physician Assistants [More Information]
- Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants [More Information]
- SeniorLIFE Greensburg PAC (Plan Advisory Committee)
- Volunteer: Westmoreland County Food Bank [More Information]
- Volunteer Majesty Care Clinic: Free health care for Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, residents ages 19-65 who do not have any health care insurance and who fall below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Byerly, C. "Pancreatic Disease". Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual Conference (Erie, PA), October 2013
- Byerly, C. "The Raw facts about Esophagitis". Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual Conference (Erie, PA), October 2011
- Byerly, C. "Acute and Chronic Diarrhea". Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual Conference (Erie, PA), October 2011
- Byerly, C. "Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis". Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual Conference (Pittsburgh, PA), October 2009
- Byerly, C. "Inflammatory Bowel Disease". Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual Conference (Altoona, PA), October 2007
- Pennsylvania Board of Medicine Waiver for Addiction Medicine Provider
- ACLS, PALS, BLS
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Pennsylvania Board of Medicine Licensed Physician Assistant
- Pennsylvania Osteopathic Association Board of Medicine Licensure as a Physician Assistant