- Joined Seton Hill
- Boquet, PA
- Contact Info
Carol Brode is on the faculty at Seton Hill University, Greensburg, PA, where she serves as Director of Harlan Gallery and teaches studio art courses, including Painting, Printmaking, and Mixed Media. She has curated many exhibitions for the gallery, including the artwork of regional, national, and international artists. Ms. Brode is a member of the College Art Association, the Associated Artists of Pittsburgh (past board member and exhibitions chair), and is listed in the Marquis Who's Who of American Women. Her work has been exhibited at the Carnegie Museum of Art, The Mattress Factory, the State Museum of PA, and the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, as well as in many other galleries and venues. Her artwork is in the collections of many regional corporations, including The Westmoreland Museum of American Art, Westinghouse, Duquesne Light, Dravo Corporation, and others, as well as in many private collections. She received her MA and BA degrees from Indiana University of PA, and did additional graduate study at New York University, as well as post-baccalaureate studies in Art Education at the University of Pittsburgh. Ms. Brode has conducted European study tours for students, and travels frequently to view current exhibitions. In the past she has taken students to Italy, England, France, Germany, the Czech Republic, and Greece.
- MA in Art, Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) 1996, Major: Painting Minor: Printmaking.
- Graduate Study, New York University (New York, NY) 1994 Coursework: Mixed Media Studio, Art Theory with Saul Ostrow
- BA in Art, magna cum laude, Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) 1979
- Brode, C. R. The Question Mark/er Project: A Case Study. In C. Rittner (Ed.), Learn, Teach, Prevent: Holocaust Education in the 21st century Greensburg, PA: Seton Hill University, 2010.
- The Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh, PA Associated Artists of Pittsburgh 99th Annual. AWARD: Westmoreland Award, 2009
- Who’s Who of American Women, Marquis Who’s Who College Art Association, member Foundations of Art and Theory (FATE), member Associated Artists of Pittsburgh: Board of Directors 1994-1997 Exhibitions Chairperson 1994 - 95, 1997, Artist member 1979 - present Group A, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts Guild, member 2003-present Journeywomen Critique Group, 1993 - 1997 Editorial Advisory Board, Collegiate Press, text On Drawing, 1993
- ATINER International conference, Athens, Greece The Question Mark/er Project (co-presenter), 2012 The Ethel LeFrak Holocaust Conference, Seton Hill University, Greensburg, PA Yad Vashem Experience (presenter) 2012 The Question Mark/er Project, (presenter) 2009 Yad Vashem, International School for Holocaust Studies, Jerusalem, Israel 2009
- EXHIBITIONS 2012 Bottle Works Ethnic Arts Center, Johnstown, PA solo exhibition, One Time, One Place 2011-12 The Westmoreland Museum of American Art, Greensburg, PA solo exhibition, One Time, One Place 2010 The Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh, PA Associated Artists of Pittsburgh 100th Annual. Westmoreland County Community College, Youngwood, PA AAP in Westmoreland. 2009 The Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh, PA Associated Artists of Pittsburgh 99th Annual. AWARD: Westmoreland Award 2008 The Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh, PA Associated Artists of Pittsburgh Annual Three Rivers Arts Festival, Contained: Carol Brode and Pati Beachley, (collaborative installation)
- PA Teaching Certificate: Art K-12
- WORKS IN PUBLIC AND CORPORATE COLLECTIONS: The Westmoreland Museum of American Art, Deloitte, Haskins and Sells, National Steel Corporation, Dravo Corporation, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Duquesne Light Company, Pittsburgh Public Schools, Ernst & Whinney, Punxsatawney Area Schools, Gamma Company, Westinghouse Credit Corporation, Kirkpatrick and Lockhart, Westinghouse Electric Corp., United States National Bank, Artwork in numerous private collections