- Joined Seton Hill
- Venetia, PA
- Contact Info
Dr. Ordonez joined Seton Hill in the Fall of 2012 after teaching at the Community College of Allegheny County for several years. She is the Chair of the Education Division and is teaching courses in the PreK-4 program and has a strong background in instructional technology. Dr. Ordonez is a member of the Academic Technology Committee, Executive Council of Faculty Senate and the Chair of the Training and Development subcommittee. She sits on the Innovations, Citivitas, Student-Faculty Relations, and Competency Based Education ad-hoc committees. She was also the Co-Chair of the Application and Assessment sub-committee. She is a member of the CCAC Advisory Board and a PAC-TE representative. She is also the Higher Ed Liaison to the Southwest Regional Board of PAECT. Dr. Ordonez has worked extensively in the field of distance education and has taught in the online and hybrid format for the past fourteen years. Prior to teaching in higher education, Dr. Ordonez was a preschool teacher, kindergarden teacher, science presenter and education consultant for Jostens Learning Corporation.
- Ed.D. Technology Education; West Virginia University
- M.Ed. Instructional Design and Technology; University of Pittsburgh
- B.S. in Elementary Education; Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Ordonez, B. (2014). Making mobile technology mobile: Nature walks. Learning and Leading with Technology. ISTE (accepted).
- Ordonez, B. (October, 2014). Competency based education: Changing the traditional college degree; Power, policy and practice. New Horizons in Adult Education. 26 (4), 47-53.
- Book Chapter: “Facilitation of Web-based Courses Designed for Adult Learners” in The Encyclopedia of Distance Learning - Distance Learning Technologies and Applications , edited by Patricia L. Rogers Ph.D. Publication Date: April, 2005.
- NISOD Award 2009 National Institute of Staff and Organizational Development
- Seton Hill Representative for the Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators [More Information]
- PAECT Pennsylvania Association for Educational Communication and Technology
- Community College of Allegheny County Advisory Board
- 21st Century Teacher
- Ordonez, B. "Interactive Presentations with Nearpod". Association for Teacher Educators Conference (Orlando, FL), February 2017.
- Bartel, J. and Ordonez, B. “Decisions, Decisions: Factors in Choosing a Learning Management System (LMS)” IUP Technology Days (Indiana, PA), January 2017.
- Ordonez, B. "The Interactive iPad with Nearpod." Robert Morris University Technology Days (Moon Township, PA), March 2016.
- Ordonez, B. "Technology Integration and Ideas for Flexible Instructional Days". Serra Catholic High School Inservice, (McKeesport, PA), November 2014.
- Ordonez, B. "Technology Integration with Preservice Teachers: 2:1 Program". PAC-TE (Harrisburg, PA). October 2014.
- Ordonez, B. "Reframing Technology Integration: SAMR Model". The Teaching Professor Technology Conference (Denver, CO), October 2014.
- Harris, K. and Ordonez, B. "STEM and the Arts in Early Childhood Education". Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference (Hershey, PA), February 2014.
- Ordonez, B. "Ideas for Integrating Technology using the SAMR Model". Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference (Hershey, PA), February 2014.
- Ordonez, B. "Technology Integration with the SAMR Model". Seton Hill University Teaching and Learning (Greensburg, PA), January, 2014.
- Ordonez, B. "iWalk in Education". Three Rivers Educational Technology Conference (Mars, PA), November 2013
- Ordonez, B. and Wells, S. "Positive Psychology for Positive Outcomes". CCAC Summer Institute (Pittsburgh, PA), June 2009
- PA Elementary Teaching Certificate K-6
- ISTE Ignite Proposal Reviewer (2014)
- Higher Education Liaison for Southwestern Region of PAECT (Pennsylvania Association of Educational and Communication Technology)
- Seton Hill University PAC-TE Representative
- NAEYC Self Study Team Serve as a member of CCAC’s NAEYC self study team. Assisted in the writing of the self study that was recently accepted by NAEYC. Currently planning for the site visits in spring 2012.
- TAOC Representative (Transfer and Articulation Committee) Served as a member of a state wide group of Community Colleges and State Universities charged with developing an articulation plan for the 4-8 Teacher Certification program.