How to Apply
Please apply through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
Helpful Hints for Navigating the Application Process Through CASPA
- All applications and supporting materials (transcripts, references, etc.) must be received by CASPA before processing of your file can begin. It takes 2 - 4 weeks for CASPA processing once your file is complete.
- If English is not your first language, TOEFL or IELTS scores must be submitted with your CASPA application. Instruct the testing agency to use the following code when submitting your scores directly to CASPA: TOEFL designate code 2812. (Scores required for admission noted below.)
- No supplemental application is required for our program.
Deadlines for Application & Admission Interview Dates
Please note: This year our cycle opens on August 1. You won't be able to submit your application until August 1 and Seton Hill will not appear in your options on CASPA until that time. The deadline for application through CASPA is January 15 for the subsequent January class. Eligible candidates will be interviewed for admission to the program in February, March and April, with most candidates receiving an admissions notification by May 1.
Students who have completed a bachelor's degree and are applying to the Master of Science Program, must:
- Apply online through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
- Have a minimum 3.2 CASPA evaluated undergraduate GPA or a 3.2 completed Graduate Degree GPA at the time in which your application is submitted.
- Have completed the prerequisite courses within the past seven years at a CASPA-verified U.S. institution and with a combined GPA for these courses of at least 3.2 at the time your application is submitted. There is an exception to the seven-year rule for candidates who have been continually enrolled - with a gap of no more than one year - in a health science program since completion of prerequisite coursework.
- Participate in an interview (if invited) with faculty from Seton Hill and the Physician Assistant Program.
- Possess strong oral and written language skills (international students are required to have an IELTS score of 7 or TOEFL scores as follows: 650 paper; 114 Internet; 280 computer).
- Demonstrate evidence of ability to complete this intensive program of study and clinical training, personal maturity, and a professional attitude.
Note: Applications that do not meet the initial required 3.2 cumulative gpa or 3.2 pre-requisite gpa will be automatically denied. We do not allow submission of additional materials after your application is verified by CASPA if you do not meet the initial criteria.
Prior to beginning study in the Master of Science in Physician Assistant program at Seton Hill, all prospective students must:
- Have a minimum of 300 hours of health care experience.
- Have completed three physician assistant shadowing experiences in different medical or surgical specialties. Length of each shadowing experience must be a minimum of 4 hours.