We'll Help You Gain the Experience You Need
Seton Hill University's Art Therapy Program faculty have longstanding relationships with mental health, health and human service, and arts agencies in the Greensburg and Pittsburgh communities. As a result, we can help place you in the best internship and practicum sites.
Recent Students Have Completed Internships With:
- School-based programs working with youth
- Partial hospitalization program for children and adolescents
- Drug and alcohol treatment program for adults in recovery
- Structured residence for adults experiencing mental illness
- Hospice provider working with children, adults and families
- Family-based wrap-around treatment provider
- Community center for trauma treatment
Practicum & Internship Requirements
- As a graduate art therapy student at Seton Hill you will complete a minimum of 700 hours of supervised experience, typically divided over two semesters.
- Internship generally includes 25 hours per week on-site, complemented by supervision from a site supervisor and art therapy faculty during a weekly supervision class.
Setting Up Your Practicum & Internship
- We'll assist you to identify and explore possible sites as you work with our practicum/internship coordinator.
- Numerous site options allow you to develop a match that cultivates your unique art therapist professional focus and interests.
- Students may choose sites with or without an art therapist on staff (art therapy supervision is provided on campus).
- Students receive supervision from licensed mental health clinicians and credentialed art therapists.