- Graduate art therapy students must complete a minimum of 700 hours of supervised experience, typically divided over two semesters (350 hours each semester)
- Typically 23-24 hours per week must be allotted in order to complete the 350 hours required for each semester.
- Practicum/internship hours include direct client contact time, supervision on-site and on campus, and indirect hours.
Setting up practicum/internship sites:
- Students are expected to identify and explore possible sites, using criteria provided by a faculty supervisor or the program director.
- Students may choose sites used by former students.
- Students may choose sites with or without an art therapist on staff (art therapy supervision is provided on campus).
- Students may request to work at sites where they are currently employed or have been employed previously.
- Students may elect sites at a distance from Seton Hill if all other didactic coursework has been completed and appropriate supervision can be secured.
- The program director gives final approval of all sites and site supervisors.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward. 877-630-4930