- Graduate art therapy students must complete a minimum of 700 hours of supervised experience, typically divided over two semesters (350 hours each semester)
- Typically 23-24 hours per week must be allotted in order to complete the 350 hours required for each semester.
- Practicum/internship hours include direct client contact time, supervision on-site and on campus, and indirect hours.
Setting up practicum/internship sites:
- Students are expected to identify and explore possible sites, using criteria provided by a faculty supervisor or the program director.
- Students may choose sites used by former students.
- Students may secure their own site, pending approval from program director and ability to secure required site supervisor.
- Students may choose sites with or without an art therapist on staff (art therapy supervision is provided on campus).
- The program director gives final approval of all sites and site supervisors.