To enroll in the Certificate in Pastoral Ministry Program, a prospective student must:
- Complete the application form for Seton Hill University (free online application).
- Submit an official copy of the high school transcript or GED.
- Provide official transcripts from any colleges or universities attended.
- Submit a statement of career interest in Pastoral Ministry Program (2 page limit).
- Participate in an interview with program faculty.
Since the goal of the program is to prepare a person for ministry in a particular church communion, sponsorship by a church judicatory is required. Seton Hill University requires a letter of sponsorship from a legitimate church judicatory that must be submitted for each student admitted to the Pastoral Ministry Certificate Program. For parishioners of the Greensburg Diocese, an application form must be completed and submitted to the Office for Lay Ecclesial Ministry in order to be reviewed for sponsorship.