For Current Teachers Preparing to Apply for the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Autism Spectrum Disorders Endorsement:
Applicants to the Autism Endorsement Program must have:
- A Pennsylvania Level I or Level II certificate in regular and/or special education, school psychologist, principal, guidance counselor, speech and language clinician, occupational and physical therapist, or reading specialist.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA while earning an undergraduate degree.
How to Apply to Seton Hill:
- Complete a graduate study application form. Apply online for free.
- You will also need to supply:
- Official transcript(s) from any institution(s) in which undergraduate, post-baccalaureate or graduate course work was completed.
- 1 letter of recommendation written by an appropriate professional.
- A current resume.
To Apply for the Endorsement:
After successfully completing all four courses (which include a minimum of 80 hours of integrated field experience), you can apply for the endorsement using the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Teacher Information Management System.
For Graduate Students Who Do Not Have Teaching Certification:
You can still complete this online program if you meet the requirements for taking graduate-level coursework at Seton Hill, but you will not be eligible for the Autism Spectrum Disorders Endorsement through the Pennsylvania Department of Education.