Behavioral Health - Adult Degree Program Online (B.A.)
You Can Help Where It's Needed Most
The opioid epidemic, the increasing percentages of the elderly and racial ethnic minorities in the population, and the growing need for emergency and relief services are all contributing to the rising demand for knowledgeable behavioral health professionals. Through Seton Hill's online Behavioral Health Program, you will develop skills in individual and family counseling as well as techniques used to address vital community needs in areas like food and housing that are essential for making the world a better place - for everyone.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward Fast
Why Behavioral Health at Seton Hill University?
- Accelerated, 8-week long (online) courses
- A comprehensive curriculum that includes learning in psychology, sociology and social work
- The opportunity to experience your field of interest firsthand
- An easy transition into the program from a two-year degree, or if you are transferring related credits from another college or university
In order to gain career-related human services experience, you will complete one or more internships. Faculty members will assist you in locating internship sites that correspond with your career interests. Internships entail a minimum of 80 hours in the field, and are guided by both a faculty member and a site supervisor. (Students with a history of employment in a human service field may meet this requirement by undertaking the process of Prior Learning Assessment. Contact the Office of Adult Studies for more information.)
The Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates the job outlook for graduates with this degree to increase 23% (depending on specific career field chosen) through 2026. This is much faster than the average. Career opportunities for graduates with a Behavioral Health degree from Seton Hill include:
- Social & Community Service Management (many Seton Hill graduates of this program have created their own service agencies)
- Social & Human Service Assistants
- Addiction Services
- Family Counseling
- Children & Youth Services
- Gerontology & Aging Services
Award-Winning Career Services
Seton Hill’s Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) will work with you, your professors, and local, regional and national employers to provide you with the career preparation skills, internship opportunities and job identification services you need to keep moving up.
Behavioral health faculty at Seton Hill are dedicated professors with extensive experience in conducting research and providing direct services to clients in the community.
Ready to Take Your Next Step UP?
Apply online for free any time.