Learn Accounting Basics Online in 1 Year
Seton Hill's Online Accounting Certificate is a convenient, affordable way to gain basic accounting knowledge and skills.
Get the Information You Need to Move Forward.
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Analyze, record and prepare financial statements
- Use accounting software to assist in the compilation, review and analysis of data
- Use analytical tools to analyze variances between budget and actual results
- Evaluate and assess the controls used to detect and prevent
- Understand the financial concepts that are fundamental to a business environment
How You’ll Learn
Convenient Online Program Format
The Accounting Certificate is offered completely online. All courses are taught by faculty from Seton Hill’s School of Business.
Manageable Time Commitment
The Accounting Certificate can be completed in three semesters (twelve months). As a student in this program, you’ll take six online eight-week courses created just for busy adults. You can choose to get started in August, January or June - whenever it’s most convenient for you.
Courses offered in the Accounting Certificate Program include:
- Accounting I & II
- Managerial Accounting
- Forensic Accounting
- Principles of Finance
- Software Used in Small Business
Academic, Technology & Career Support
As a student in Seton Hill’s Online Program, you will also enjoy:
- Course planning, enrollment assistance and academic support from your faculty members, plus a dedicated counselor from the Office of Graduate and Adult Studies, throughout your time at Seton Hill
- Software, access to online services & computer technology support needed for online courses
- Online access to tutoring and assistance through Seton Hill’s:
- Job search and career readiness support through the Career and Professional Development Center
Use Your Certificate Credits Toward a Degree
If you decide to enroll in a degree program at Seton Hill in the future, the credits earned in this certificate program can be used toward your bachelor's degree. Degree programs that are of interest to students in this certificate program include: