Benefits of Getting Your Bachelor’s and Master’s Together at Seton Hill University
Once accepted into a FastForward Education Program as an undergraduate:
- You are exempt from submitting a formal graduate school application.
- Your application fee and requirement for letters of recommendation are waived.
- GRE scores are not required for graduate study.
- You qualify for an alumni tuition discount for graduate study.
- A place in the graduate program is guaranteed.
- You can schedule up to 6 credits of graduate work during your senior year as an undergraduate – at the undergraduate tuition rate.
- Since the graduate courses are taught in the evening, you can begin your career while earning a graduate degree.
2 Degrees + 3 Certifications = 5 Years From Now You Are Starting Your Career
Seton Hill is the only university in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania offering future teachers the opportunity to complete their undergraduate degree in Elementary Education with Special Education, and then move directly to graduate work in Elementary/Middle Level Education without having to apply to grad school. Even better – you can earn both degrees (with associated teaching certifications) in only five years.
Teaching Certifications in Pre K - 4, 4 - 8 & Special Education Pre K – 8
The Elementary/Middle Level/Special Education joint degree program also offers students the opportunity to complete the requirements for three teaching certifications: Elementary Pre K – 4 and Special Education Pre K – 8 while earning your undergraduate degree, and Middle Level 4 – 8 at the graduate level.
Earn 2 Degrees in 5 Years & Start Teaching Sooner
Through this program, you can earn a Seton Hill undergraduate degree in education - including the Education (Pre-K to Grade 4) with Special Education (Pre-K to Grade 8) B.A. or any of the 7-12 or K-12 teacher certification programs - and then move directly into the M.A. in Special Education or M.A. in Special Education: Autism Specialization without having to apply to graduate school.
You can earn both degrees (with associated teacher certifications) in only 5 years, and because the master's programs are online, with fieldwork embedded in the courses, you can begin your teaching career while earning your graduate degree.