Access to Learning

The Office of Disability Services (ODS) offers support designed to assure access for eligible students with disabilities. If you request assistance and qualify for services, the Director of Disability Services will work with you to assess your individual needs and prepare a plan of accommodation. Submission of current documentation is recommended to determine eligibility. 504 & IEP plans can be accepted as companion documents. Please note that documentation is not automatically forwarded from your previous High School or College. Documentation submitted to Seton Hill University's Health Services, Counseling Services, or Athletic Trainers is not shared with the ODS. Contacting the Office of Disability Services when you have been accepted is strongly recommended. Students are welcome to meet with the Director of Disability Services at any time during their High School career to learn more about transitioning to college and the possible need for refreshed documentation. 

To learn specifics about documentation requirements and transitioning to college, please email 

Ways we can help:

  • Special provisions for service animals
  • Access to adaptive equipment and technology
  • Accessibility and mobility assistance
  • Obtaining note-takers or sign language interpreters
  • Preferential seating in classes or at events
  • Extended testing time in a distraction-reduced testing environment
  • Dietary planning
  • Procuring learning materials in accessible formats 


For more information, please contact Kimberley Bassi-Cook, M.Ed., L.P.C., N.C.C., Director of Disability Services at