Campus Ministry provides students with holistic service opportunities within the community. These experiences promote the education of social justice issues, action and meaningful self-reflection. Signature service programs offered at Seton Hill University include:
- Campus Wide Days of Service: Each year, the Seton Hill Community comes together to positively impact the community. Small groups of students go to various local community agencies to assist in whatever is needed during Labor of Love Day, Earth Day of Service & Take the Day On in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King.
- Local Service Opportunities: Each month, Seton Hill provides transportation for students interested in serving local organizations. There are a variety of local service organizations for students to get involved with, including (but not limited to) Caritas Christi, Greensburg Salvation Army, Otterbein Church Feeding the Spirit Soup Kitchen, Our Lady of Grace Food Pantry, St. Vincent DePaul Store, Christian Layman Thrift Store, Greensburg YMCA and Westmoreland Community Action.
- Alternative Break Service Trips: Students have the opportunity to participate in week-long service trips over an academic break, in affiliation with the Vincentian Setonian Family or Habitat for Humanity.
- Service Saturdays: Once a month, weekend service programs give students a deep-dive into various organizations within Westmoreland County, including Animal Friends of Westmoreland, Westmoreland Cleanways and Recycling, Westmoreland Parks and Recreation, Hempfield Parks and Recreation, Habitat for Humanity and more.
- Operation Christmas Basket: Annually, the Seton Hill Community hosts a resale of gently used items during the Christmas season. Proceeds benefit local organizations, such as the Westmoreland County Food Bank and the Blackburn Center.
- Lenten Service Opportunities: Throughout the Lenten season, the Seton Hill Community reflects and gives back to others through the Catholic Relief Service Rice Bowl Collection and through 40 Things in 40 Days Donations.
From semester to semester, other volunteer programs may appear and evolve based on local and global needs and student interest.
If your organization is interested in partnering with Seton Hill for service opportunities, please contact Sr. Maureen O'Brien at email@example.com or 724-830-1075, or complete the form found here.