Professional Staff Position Openings
Posted: September 29, 2015
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To assist in the daily operations of the Academic Achievement Center, which comprises academic counseling, peer tutoring, and teaching. To provide direct outreach and service to TRIO/SSS students and assistance in making decisions on meeting the tutoring/academic needs of students.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION: The individual must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and must be able to travel within the University community. Master's degree in counseling, education, SAHE, or other related field; two years experience in an academic support program or college learning center; and teaching experience. Experience with TRIO/SSS is desired. Computer proficiency in the MAC operating system preferred and a willingness to embrace, utilize, and master new technology. Must value diversity and liberal arts. Candidates should also possess an understanding of student development theory and must have an appreciation for and congruence with the Catholic mission of the University.
• Provide academic counseling to aid in the development and growth of each student in his/her academic, emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual, and physical development as supported in the Seton Hill University Mission Statement.
• Teach Mastering College Academics I and II and Skills for Academic Success.
• Advise undecided program students.
• Implement outreach to students with academic difficulties.
• Coordinate Academic Success workshop series.
• Coordinate Peer Mentoring Program.
• Assist in coordinating tutorial services
• Participate in the planning and facilitation of the Summer Opportunity Program, including Faculty Forum lectures and study skills sessions.
• Assist in collaborating with faculty and staff in order to gain knowledge and facilitate program development and activities.
• Refer students to university or community resource persons for individual, personal or academic needs.
• Maintain awareness of community groups and agencies, university organizations and committees, and current literature in order to provide information and effectively meet the needs of students.
• Compile and maintain required reports and records.
• Attend meetings, workshops and seminars to enhance personal and professional development.
Email cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference to: Mrs. Lynda J. Sukolsky, Assistant Dean of Student Success, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is: Friday, October 16, 2015.
Tentative start date of January 2016.
Posted: October 7, 2015
Seton Hill University has an opening for a TRIO director for its Student Support Services Program. This full-time, 12- month, grant -funded position is responsible for the organization, administration, and supervision of the TRIO SSS Program. The director will have knowledge, experience, and skills in the MAC operating system, data base management, and teaching experience. Preference will be given to applicants who have overcome and/or are familiar with educational issues facing low-income, first-generation, and/or diverse populations.
• Master’s Degree in education, counseling, management, or related field
• Minimum of 2 years of TRIO or academic support program experience in higher education
• Experience in electronic data collection and data management utilizing the MAC operating system
• Experience with staff hiring, supervision, and evaluation
• Evidence of a commitment to serve people from low-income, first-generation, and/or students with disabilities
• Experience in grant writing
• Teaching experience, required (higher education, preferred)
• Experience handling financial systems to manage budgets and conduct performance reviews
• Demonstrated strong written, verbal, organizational, and administrative skills
• Direct student service experience working in a higher education environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability and experience in workshop presentation
Interested and qualified applicants must email a cover letter, focusing on how your knowledge, skills and abilities have prepared you for this position, a current resume, and three letters of reference to Marcia R. Pratt, Dean of Student Success, at email@example.com by October 23, 2015. This position has a start date of December 1, 2015 (Negotiable).
Posted: August 26, 2015
Project Manager is needed to manage construction projects. This is a full-time position including benefits. The construction involves new construction as well as renovation of old facilities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: on-site observations of the progress and quality of work including materials; ensuring compliance with contract documents including the observation of required tests; monitoring contractors’ construction schedules; maintaining appropriate records; assisting in inspections; attending meetings and reporting on the status of project completion. A minimum of 20 years of Project Management experience required. The search is currently open; the review of candidates will begin September 3, 2015 and will continue until the successful candidate is identified. Submit cover letter and resume to: William Vokes, 1 Seton Hill Drive – 168K, Greensburg, PA 15601.
Posted: October 1, 2015
PURPOSE OF POSITION:To assist in designing and implementing Writing Center services that support the development of students’ composition skills.
BACKGROUND / SKILLS NECESSARY FOR POSITION: Requires a master’s degree in education, English, or related field. Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and must be able to work cooperatively with various constituencies within the university community. Should possess experience working in writing centers, with administrative experience and involvement in presenting workshops preferred. Should exhibit an understanding of and ability to assist others in writing across the disciplines and composing in multiple modalities. Should have experience working directly with developmental students or in a learning support programs, as well as knowledge of developmental education theory and practice. Demonstrates computer proficiency and willingness to utilize new technologies, with an understanding of Apple products preferred.
● Assist the Writing Center Director in planning and carrying out all aspects of managing the Writing Center
● Aid in supervision of the Writing Center student staff, including schedules, contracts, payroll, and professional development
● Ensure Writing Center information is entered into spreadsheets and database, and compile and maintain other required program records and report
● Draft, design, and edit documents and resources for Writing Center and campus use
● Provide assistance to program students in understanding and developing compositions
● Do classroom presentations in study skills classes with TRiO/SSS students
● Work with Writing Center and other university staff to meet the academic needs of TRiO/SSS students
● Help develop, organize, promote, and present workshops in and out of classrooms
● Participate in the planning and completion of the Summer Opportunity Program for underprepared students
● Attend meetings, workshops, and seminars, as well as read publications, to enhance personal and professional development
● Collaborate with faculty and staff in order to promote program activities within the university
● Refer students to other services as needed
● Serve on university committees
Email cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference to Kim Pennesi, Assistant Dean of Student Success & Writing Center Director, SHUWCAD@setonhill.edu, by Oct. 19, 2015.