Professional Staff Position Openings
Posted: April 16, 2014
Seton Hill University seeks applications for an Undergraduate Admissions Counselor. Responsibilities include all aspects of recruiting undergraduate students including travel, extensive telemarketing, and interviewing prospective students. Requirements: Bachelor’s degree. Experience in admissions work strongly preferred. Other marketing and sales experience helpful. Travel and occasional evening and weekend work required.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and references to: Ashley Josay, Seton Hill University, Box #991, Greensburg, PA 15601 or firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2014.
Posted: April 15, 2014
Seton Hill University, a Catholic, liberal arts coeducational institution seeks applications for the position of Area Coordinator. The Area Coordinator position is a live-in, full-time, 12-month professional position responsible for overseeing freshman residence hall management. The Area Coordinator is responsible for maintaining a residence hall environment conducive to living and learning; and promoting the academic and personal growth and development of all students. This position develops and implements a 6-week programming model geared towards freshmen resident students. The Area Coordinator contributes to the generation of ideas, solutions, and evaluation of programs. The Area Coordinator is responsible for bench-marking the freshmen retention strategies. This position must provide leadership in upholding student community standards in the freshmen residence halls through resolution of student and community conflicts through advising, facilitated dialogue, restorative practices, and formal adjudication. The Area Coordinator is responsible for the overall function of two freshmen student residence halls, coordinates housing assignments for all freshmen housing, rotates on-call duty, and the supervision of Resident Assistants. This position reports directly to the Director of Student Development.
Qualifications: Masters degree in Student Affairs or related field; one to three years of student life experience at the professional or graduate assistant level; excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to work multiple programs and activities simultaneously; computer knowledge; and supervisory skills. Candidates should also possess an understanding of student development theory, and must have an appreciation for and congruence with the Catholic mission of the University.
Interested and qualified applicants should email email@example.com their cover letter, resume, and three references in care of Dr. Robin Anke, Associate Dean of Students and Director of Residence Life, Seton Hill University, Box 428F, Greensburg, PA 15601. Deadline for applications is May 19, 2014. Review of applicants will begin immediately. Position begins July 1, 2014.
Posted:April 15, 2014
Seton Hill University seeks highly motivated candidates for the position of Director of Financial Aid. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and is responsible for the supervision and management of the financial aid office. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to student success and customer service. Bachelor’s degree required with advanced degree preferred. Duties will include:
• Manages the day-to-day operation of the financial aid operation, including the implementation of all federal and state programs, policies, services and regulations. This requires the director to maintain a working knowledge of all current and pending federal and state regulations.
• Manage the internal operating policies and creating, organizing and managing the processes for awarding financial aid to students.
• Coordinates all financial aid student advising; the dissemination of pertinent information to the campus community
• Coordinates the processing of financial aid applications, the collection of all required documents and data, the determination of awards, and the disbursement of awards. Supervises appropriate case review and record maintenance.
• Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to the Financial Aid Office.
• Manages the department budget and makes recommendations during the budget planning process.
• Assists students with resolving financial aid difficulties. Responsible for financial aid appeals and professional judgment issues, e.g., income adjustments and dependency overrides.
• Collaborates with Enrollment management and other departments in the planning, developing, and coordinating of enrollment and retention programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Enrollment Management
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to: Financial Aid Search Committee, Seton Hill University Box 991, Greensburg, PA 15601 or firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail submissions are preferred.
Posted: February 6, 2014
Seton Hill University, a Catholic, liberal arts coeducational institution, seeks applications for the position of Personal Counselor/Prevention Specialist. The Personal Counselor/Prevention Specialist is a full-time, 12-month professional staff position providing personal and crisis counseling and ATOD prevention and intervention services in a university environment.
Qualifications: Master's degree in counseling or related field; LPC or LPC eligible, experience in Addictions and Higher Education preferred. Candidates should possess an understanding of student development theory and must have an appreciation for and congruence with the Catholic mission of the University. Also, computer proficiency in the MAC operating system is preferred as well as a willingness to embrace, utilize, and master new technology. Must value diversity and liberal arts.
Interested and qualified applicants should email cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference to Terri Bassi-Cook, Director of Counseling, Disability and Health Services at email@example.com . Position begins as soon as possible.