Operational Staff Position Openings
Posted: July 16, 2015
Seton Hill University seeks to fill this full time position in the Office of Institutional Advancement.
The Administrative Assistant I position supports the needs of the Institutional Advancement Office by monitoring budgets, preparing purchase order request forms, preparing mailings, preparing reports, coordinating volunteer and donor prospect meetings. The incumbent will enter volunteer and donor/donor prospect information through the Raiser’s Edge System. In addition, the incumbent will assist in the management of special events for Seton Hill, including alumni events, Presidential events and campaign and/or donor events.
A bachelor’s degree and/or a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, database products- preferably Blackbaud including Netcommunity and Raiser’s Edge is required. Organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement with strong collaboration with Vice President and the Director of Annual Fund.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
• Maintain required University, job and student confidences.
• Manage phones for Vice President and Associate Vice President; handle calls from the President and Trustees with professionalism; seek guidance as appropriate.
• Assist in the management of special events for Seton Hill, including alumni events, Presidential events and campaign and/or donor events. Mange registration and other special event details as called upon.
• Monitor and manage budgets for the Public Information, Institutional Advancement and Campaign offices; prepare PORFs for invoices and garner approvals from the Vice President and/or Associate Vice President, as appropriate.
• Coordinate sponsorships, the preparation of PORFs, and/or advertising placements for Public Information through the Marketing Management System with guidance from the Vice President and Associate Vice President. Examine PORF historical records as necessary.
• Coordinate and ensure the timely completion of credit card reports for all Institutional Advancement staff members.
• Maintain and update Griffin Athletic Association (GAA) memberships and renewals in the Raiser’s Edge system.
• Enter Phonathon data into Raiser’s Edge fundraising database. Entry includes update information from alumni, as well as pledges, considerations, and refusals with guidance from the Director of Annual Fund. Ensure that any follow up activity identified during the Phonathon is shared with the appropriate IA staff member for completion.
• Prepare job start forms for Institutional Advancement projects through the Marketing Management System.
• Assist in coordinating travel arrangements for the Vice President, Associate Vice President, and Development office staff members.
• Manage petty cash for the IA area according to Business Office guidelines.
• Manage IA work-study students.
• Maintain an inventory of supplies for the office and for capital campaign efforts.
• Maintain office files, including regular filing, initiating new files, and purging of non-current files; update file records as required. Place special priority on the maintenance of Trustee and Estate files; handle special file requests as called upon. Scan documents for inclusion in a constituent’s Raiser’s Edge record and post according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Maintain standards of professional competence while adhering to a professional code of ethical conduct.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, using flextime to accommodate office needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter or application for employment from Human Resources by July 24, 2015 to: Molly Robb Shimko, Seton Hill University, 1 Seton Hill Drive Box 261K, Greensburg, PA 15601
Posted: July 20, 2015
The Maintenance Department has a full-time opening for a Stationary Engineer to stabilize the operation of the boilers, pumps, air compressors, fans, and roof top units for campus buildings, emphasizing efficiency and safety. This position will be primarily second shift (4pm – 12am) Monday through Friday.
The Stationary Engineer must be able to determine the reason for a boiler shut down and to decide what steps should be taken to resolve any related complications. The incumbent is accountable for the achievement of established goals and objectives.
This position requires a high school diploma, a Stationary Engineer’s license, a PA State Association license and a valid PA driver’s license. Knowledge and experience in various trade, mechanical, chemical, and mathematical skills, are necessary. Energy management experience is a plus. This position involves affixing pipelines, therefore, experience in using hand and power tools, is required.
This position reports directly to the Lead Stationary Engineer; there are no supervisory responsibilities.
1.Transcribes a Boiler Room Shift Report and a Building Status Report, for the Main Boiler Plant, Bayley Hall, Lynch, Library, St. Mary’s, Havey, Brownlee Farrell and DeChantal Dormitories, Performing Arts Center and Field House
2.Maintains the proper operation of boiler, plumbing, electrical systems and emergency generators on campus.
3.Responds to unanticipated calls from students, faculty and sisters concerning heat complications.
4.Checks all gas, water and steam leaks during rounds.
5.Performs chemical tests on disassembled and reassembled boilers.
6.Performs all other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and covering letter, or application for employment from Human Resources, to: Bill Vokes, Director of Maintenance and Grounds, Seton Hill University -Box 168, Greensburg, PA 15601-15099