Operational Staff Position Openings
Seton Hill University has an immediate opening for a Solution Center Technician, Level I.
The Solution Center Technician, Level I serves as a first level of support to computer users of the University community by answering telephone support calls and walk-up questions as part of the campus Solution Center. This position serves as a troubleshooter when hardware and software problems arise; and ensures that solutions are provided in a professional and timely manner. The Solution Center Technician, Level I works closely with other IT staff to ensure users are receiving the best service and support possible.
Requirements include a high school diploma, specialized computer systems and media center training plus 1-5 years experience. Preference for hardware and software Apple certifications (comparable experience considered but will need to pass exams within 90 days). The successful candidate should be competent using and troubleshooting PC and Mac computer hardware and software in classroom, lab, office and residential settings. A broad knowledge of information technology including networking, file management, Microsoft Office applications, Internet and email systems is required. The successful incumbent must possess strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, strong customer service orientation and experience working both individually and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. The incumbent must be highly self motivated and directed and have the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. In a normal workday, the employee may be required to combine standing and walking 70%-100% of a shift; lift up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 55 pounds occasionally.
Must be willing to work regularly scheduled shifts including day, evening and weekend shift assignments to facilitate coverage. The center is open during the hours listed: 8am-8pm (M-T-R); 8am – 5pm (W); 9am-1pm (Sat) with some occasional additional off-hours and holidays.
This position reports to the Director of User Services.
● Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, or electronically.
● Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
● Setup and service computers connected to the University’s local area network.
● Provide training to students, faculty and staff in the use of computer hardware, software and network services; training may be done one-on-one, in groups, or through written documentation.
● Research questions using available information resources.
● Advise users on appropriate action.
● Follow standard help desk procedures.
● Log all help desk interactions through help desk software.
● Redirect unresolved problems to appropriate resource(s).
● Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
● Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
● Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
● Perform all other duties as assigned
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter or application for employment from Human Resources to: Joseph Potocki, Director of User Services,1 Seton Hill Drive Box 311K, Greensburg, PA 15601 or firstname.lastname@example.org