Operational Staff Position Openings
Posted: August 13, 2015
The Maintenance Department has a full-time opening for a HVAC Mechanic to perform a variety of standard to moderately complex technical tasks related to inspecting, installing, maintaining and repairing heating, cooling, ventilation and related systems. This position will be primarily Monday through Friday 9am -5:30pm.
This position requires a high school diploma, and two-three years experience working with HVAC. Other trade experiences a plus. Valid Pennsylvania Drivers License required. Incumbent must be able to work off ladder, step stool, and/or scaffolding; have the ability when necessary to lift up to 100 pounds; flexibility to work daylight, nights, weekends, overtime, or as needed in addition to working independently.
This position reports directly to the Director of Maintenance & Grounds; there are no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Monitors and inspects heating and cooling systems to ensure continued proper operation at main campus and off campus Seton Hill University facilities.
2. Performs preventative maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating and cooling systems.
3. Investigates problems and performs repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
4. Checks and changes air filters and belts on regular basis.
5. Assesses drain problems and performs any needed repairs.
6. Installs humidifiers into system and connects water and drain pipes.
7. Determines amount of airflow required to keep carbon dioxide at a safe level;
8. Orders, picks up, and delivers parts required for department needs.
9. Responds professionally to all work orders assignments.
10. Responds to all emergency maintenance calls.
11. Assist other maintenance staff with work assignments as directed by the Director of Maintenance & Grounds.
12. Performs all other duties as may be required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and covering letter, or application for employment from Human Resources, to: Bill Vokes, Director of Maintenance and Grounds, Seton Hill University -Box 168, Greensburg, PA 15601-15099
Posted: August 28, 2015
Seton Hill University's Student Accounts Office has a full-time opening with benefits. The purpose of this entry-level customer service position is to provide excellent customer service, effectively bill students, process payments, collect/distribute documents, and resolve any questions or issues related to students' tuition accounts or financial aid. This individual will also be responsible for the cash drawer and vault, working with students/families to resolve balances and determine payment options, and answering general questions related to various departments. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication for interaction with students/others by phone, email, and in person, as well as the ability to multitask and remain organized in a busy office environment.
Applicants should have higher education experience in student accounts or financial aid, excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and computer literacy. Requirements include previous work experience, knowledge of cashier duties, accounts receivable, and financial aid. It is preferred that applicants possess a bachelor’s degree and are able to effectively interact with the various constituencies affiliated with the university.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, professional references, and hourly rate requirement by September 4, 2015 by mail or email to: Holly Pasipanki, Seton Hill University Student Accounts, One Seton Hill Drive 992, Greensburg, PA 15601 or email@example.com