Operational Staff Position Openings
Posted: August 13, 2015
The Maintenance Department has a full-time opening for a HVAC Mechanic to perform a variety of standard to moderately complex technical tasks related to inspecting, installing, maintaining and repairing heating, cooling, ventilation and related systems. This position will be primarily Monday through Friday 9am -5:30pm.
This position requires a high school diploma, and two-three years experience working with HVAC. Other trade experiences a plus. Valid Pennsylvania Drivers License required. Incumbent must be able to work off ladder, step stool, and/or scaffolding; have the ability when necessary to lift up to 100 pounds; flexibility to work daylight, nights, weekends, overtime, or as needed in addition to working independently.
This position reports directly to the Director of Maintenance & Grounds; there are no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Monitors and inspects heating and cooling systems to ensure continued proper operation at main campus and off campus Seton Hill University facilities.
2. Performs preventative maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating and cooling systems.
3. Investigates problems and performs repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
4. Checks and changes air filters and belts on regular basis.
5. Assesses drain problems and performs any needed repairs.
6. Installs humidifiers into system and connects water and drain pipes.
7. Determines amount of airflow required to keep carbon dioxide at a safe level;
8. Orders, picks up, and delivers parts required for department needs.
9. Responds professionally to all work orders assignments.
10. Responds to all emergency maintenance calls.
11. Assist other maintenance staff with work assignments as directed by the Director of Maintenance & Grounds.
12. Performs all other duties as may be required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and covering letter, or application for employment from Human Resources, to: Bill Vokes, Director of Maintenance and Grounds, Seton Hill University -Box 168, Greensburg, PA 15601-15099