Operational Staff Position Openings
Posted: November 15, 2013
The Custodial Department has full-time and part-time (as needed) openings. Part-time candidates must be able to provide weekend coverage and weekday fill in coverage when needed.
The purpose of this position is to maintain the cleaning and services to the facilities, for campus functions and other various department needs. To maintain a clean, safe, sanitary and orderly atmosphere in administrative offices, campus hallways, classrooms, dormitories, rest rooms, shower rooms and policing of the exterior of the buildings.
The candidate must have the capability when necessary to lift 50-100 pounds; work off a ladder or step stool; clean windows; carry waste paper and other trash out of the building. Candidates must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license. They should have experience in controlling/moving heavy cleaning and minor servicing of cleaning equipment; no allergies or reactions to cleaning chemicals or dust; accept exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, weather, noise, and other hazards; flexibility to work nights, weekends and over time, or as needed and work independently. Being a team worker is a plus. This position also requires basic grammar, good communication skills, the ability to follow directions well to understand oral and written instructions, to remember and interpret information, perform calculations and make judgments.
1. Maintain campus offices, classrooms, rest rooms, shower rooms, dormitories, and hallways by vacuuming, dusting, and mopping designated areas.
2. Prepares rooms before University functions.
3. Dismantles rooms after University functions.
4. Responds to pager calls, Walkie Talkie or other means of communications.
5. Determines which job is to be completed first and prioritizes accordingly.
6. Able to make punctual and precise decisions, and respond to calls.
7. Police outside the area exterior entranceways and around buildings.
8. Prepares campus offices, classrooms, dormitories, hallways, and stairwells by vacuuming, dusting, and mopping the scheduled areas.
9. Determines the appropriate cleaning product according to the building and area.
10. Operates heavy equipment used for stripping, cleaning, buffing, and finishing/waxing floors and Cleaning carpeting
11. Requisition supplies, equipment, and materials
12. Maintains records related to materials and equipment inventory and completed assignments
13. Applies protective coverings and removes when finished
14. Must be able to work productively with minimum supervision; must be able to work with a variety of people; must be able to work well under pressure
15. Carries items to and from work area as needed
16. To maintain a clean, safe, sanitary and orderly atmosphere in work areas
17. And any other duties deemed necessary or requested by the Manager of Custodial.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and covering letter, or application for employment from Human Resources to: Jackie Tickle, Manager of Custodial Services, 1 Seton Hill Drive Box 168K, Greensburg, PA 15601.