Faculty Position Openings
Posted: April 27, 2015
Seton Hill University invites applications for a faculty member in the bachelor’s level social work program beginning in August 2015.
A master’s degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited program is required. Preference will be given to a candidate with the MSW who has completed his or her doctoral work and is working on the dissertation.
The successful candidate will have at least two years of practice experience. Teaching experience and demonstrated scholarship is desired. The candidate must be eligible for social work licensure in Pennsylvania. Also required is the ability to relate effectively with students, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, effectiveness working with those of other cultures and backgrounds, and good organizational skills. The course load is 4/4, with a two-course release to serve as field coordinator.
• Teach assigned courses to prepare students for careers in social work or related fields, with a commitment to liberal arts education.
• Advise and mentor students.
• Contribute to recruiting students and the ongoing growth of the social work program.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff.
• Develop relationships with human service organizations in Westmoreland and adjacent counties.
Applications will be considered immediately, and review will continue until the position is filled. Applicants will submit a letter of application outlining their practice and teaching experience, a curriculum vitae, three letters of reference, and statement of teaching philosophy to Bernadette Mendish at email@example.com.