To be admitted to this program applicants must by accepted to both Seton Hill University and the LECOM Early Acceptance Program.
- Begin the process of applying to the LECOM Early Acceptance Program by submitting an official inquiry to LECOM at setonhill.edu/lecominquire.
Seton Hill will notify LECOM when applicants to this program are accepted by the University. LECOM will then review the Early Acceptance Program application and make a final admission decision.
Students who are accepted to Seton Hill but are not accepted to the cooperative degree program with LECOM are still eligible to study at Seton Hill.
Phase I (Premed): Bachelor of Science in Biology or Biochemistry, Seton Hill University
A prospective student must:
- Have a combined SAT score (Critical Reading + Math) of 1170 or better, or ACT Composite score of 26 or better.
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Agree not to apply to another medical school’s program while enrolled in the LECOM program.
Phase II: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, LECOM at Seton Hill
To be eligible for Phase II a student must:
- Maintain full-time status throughout participation in Phase I.
- Be enrolled in Phase I no later than February 1 of the first year of study at Seton Hill.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent U.S. resident.
- Complete all degree requirements for the Seton Hill degree.
- Display scholarly and professional potential to practice medicine and express the desire to become an osteopathic physician.
- Not apply to another medical school’s accelerated program unless rejected by LECOM.
- Have earned a cumulative SHU grade point average of 3.4 or better.
- Have earned a cumulative SHU grade point average of 3.2 or better in science coursework.
- Have an MCAT score meeting LECOM requirements (set annually).
- Provide a letter of recommendation from an osteopathic physician. Students also should have “shadowed” an osteopathic physician.
Note: For the minimum requirements (6 credits of English, 6 credits of Behavioral Science, 8 credits of biology with two labs, 8 credits of Inorganic Chemistry with two labs, 8 credits of Organic Chemistry with two labs, and 8 credits of Physics with two labs): no CLEP or IB credits will be accepted; no grade lower than "C" will be accepted; Pass/Fail will not be accepted; AP credits may not be used for the science requirements. Up to eight credits toward the minimum requirements may be transferred into the student's transcript.
To gain final acceptance into LECOM, a student must:
- Meet all requirements listed above.
- Apply to LECOM through the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) and submit a LECOM secondary application by November 15 of the year prior to anticipated matriculation into Phase II.
- Submit the online LECOM secondary application by January 1 of the year of matriculation.
- Arrange for letters of recommendation and all supporting documentation to be submitted for review by LECOM.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from an osteopathic physician by April 1 of the year of matriculation.