Phase I: Bachelor of Science in Biology or Biochemistry at Seton Hill University
A prospective student must:
- Be accepted to Seton Hill as a full-time student.
- Have a combined SAT score (critical reading + math) of 1170 or better, or ACT Composite score of 26 or better.
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete LECOM's Early Acceptance Program application.
- Agree not to apply to another dental school's program while enrolled in the LECOM program.
Phase II: Doctor of Dental Medicine
To be eligible for Phase II a student must:
- Maintain full-time status throughout participation in Phase I.
- Be enrolled in Phase I no later than beginning of third year of study at Seton Hill.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Have completed the minimum course requirements having received no grade lower than a C. No CLEP or IB credits will be accepted. No pass/fail courses will be accepted. AP credits may not be used for the science requirements. Up to eight credits toward the minimum requirements may be transferred into the student's transcript.
- Complete all requirements for the Seton Hill degree.
- Display scholarly and professional potential to practice dental medicine and express the desire to become a dentist.
- Not apply to another dental school's accelerated program unless not accepted by LECOM.
- Have earned a cumulative Seton Hill grade point average of 3.4 or better.
- Have earned a cumulative Seton Hill grade point average of 3.2 or better in science coursework.
- Have a DAT score meeting LECOM requirements (typically >18).
- Have "shadowed" in a clinical dental setting.
- Must pass a background check and meet LECOM's Health and Technical Standards.
To gain final acceptance into LECOM, a student must:
- Meet all requirements listed above.
- Apply to LECOM through the Associated American Dental School Application Service (AADAS) by November 15 of the year prior to the year of matriculation into Phase II at LECOM.
- Submit the online secondary application by January 1 of the year prior to the year of matriculation into Phase II at LECOM.
- Arrange for letter of recommendation and supporting documentation, including official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions and DAT scores (taken within three years preceding matriculation) to be submitted to LECOM.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from an osteopathic physician.