Seton Hill Academic Programs Partner With Community Organizations on Diversity Study
Seton Hill programs in accounting, marriage and family therapy, psychology and social work are collaborating with community organizations in a research study to assess the level of diversity in Westmoreland County, and to gauge attitudes concerning the impact of diversity on the community. Sr. Lois Sculco, Seton Hill vice president for institutional identity, mission and student life, serves on the guiding coalition of community organizations for the project.
Read a Tribune-Review article on the project.
Diversity Study Overview April 2013 - May 2014 (PDF)
As a student in the Accounting Program, you will:
- Complete the coursework and credit requirements necessary to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination in Pennsylvania, as well as the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exams.
- Use analytical skills and the appropriate technology to analyze numerical data for the purpose of professional evaluation and decision-making.
- Develop the skills to think and respond creatively in professional situations.
- Incorporate a global perspective in professional decision-making and apply entrepreneurial skills in personal and professional practice.
- Benefit from a comprehensive, supervised internship, providing you with a “real world” understanding of your field and the type of experience that gives you a competitive edge in the job market. Seton Hill provides internship opportunities in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program supervised by the United States Internal Revenue Service.
Accounting Program faculty keep up-to-date on current trends and changes in regulations and tax law. Our professors are experts in their fields – demonstrated by the various certifications they maintain such as CPA, CIA and CGMA – and they have dedicated their careers to preparing you for yours.
Clubs & Centers
Accounting majors enjoy special opportunities through the:
Fast Forward to an MBA
Through the FastForward Bachelor’s to Master’s Program, accounting majors can earn both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree at Seton Hill in five years!