Students who have completed a bachelor's degree and are applying to the Master of Science Program, must:
- Apply online through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
- Have a minimum GPA for all college courses of 3.2.
- Have completed the prerequisite courses within the past seven years and with a combined GPA for these courses of at least 3.2. (International applicants must have completed the prerequisites from a CASPA-verified U.S. institution.) There is an exception to the seven-year rule for candidates who have been continually enrolled -with a gap of no more than one year - in a health science program since completion of prerequisite coursework.
- Participate in an interview (if invited) with faculty from Seton Hill and the Physician Assistant Program.
- Possess strong oral and written language skills (international students are required to have an IELTS score of 7 or TOEFL scores as follows: 650 paper; 114 Internet; 280 computer).
- Demonstrate evidence of ability to complete this intensive program of study and clinical training, personal maturity, and a professional attitude.
Prior to beginning study in the Master of Science in Physician Assistant program at Seton Hill, all prospective students must:
- Have a minimum of 300 hours of health care experience.
- Have completed three physician assistant shadowing experiences in different medical or surgical specialties. Length of each shadowing experience must be a minimum of 4 hours.